Saturday, January 09, 2010

Swine flue shmine flu

Guys, I just wanted to tell you that even though the world might be terrified of H1N1 and the CDC's website says,

"If you think 2009 H1N1 flu can’t affect you, your family, or your friends—think again.... A flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against flu infection."

my local Wal-Mart pharmacy representative told me that it wasn't even a thing anymore and that they have no plans to start issuing vaccines again any time soon, but maybe some other loser pharmacy would still have some left over useless vaccine, if I really want it. So, don't even worry about it guys!

4 comments:

bjohnston said...

Phew, what a relief. Wal-mart always knows best!

Sarah F said...

I knew I recognized you from somewhere

Lisa Sanderson said...

H1N1 was not paticularly worse than any other flu they just gave it a catchier name. I didn't get the vaccine this year nor did my children. Matt got two vaccines via the army and still got it when our family was stricken over Christmas, although it was mild. However Matt's was no more mild than when the kids and I had it. Hmmm...I think I would listen to Wal-Mart.

susan said...

I'm still going to get it. After a guy in my parents' ward was in recovery for something like 3 weeks from almost dying due to swine flu, I figure $10 isn't too much for me to pay. It's that darned asthma thing, makes me paranoid.