Monday, November 22, 2004

Thanksgiving!!

Yay, it's that time of year for all us Americans. The time to celebrate our taking over of this country by stuffing ourselves as the gluttons we are.

Just kidding, that's my alternate negative personality speaking. I can't be negative and bitter about living here because frankly I'm very grateful to have this country. I can't blame the old white guys for "conquering" the Americas (or whatever you call it) either, because it's just history. The Normans, the Romans, the Huns, Ghengis Khan, and on and on. For those who claim that we should have known better, isn't that in some form still saying that we are better than everyone else? Are we really any more civil today?

So I will celebrate that I am free to live in this country and practice my beliefs as I see fit (within reason) and I will do it by eating a feast to celebrate that my family is able to eat. That's what the gratitude is all about anyway, right?

No comments: