Saturday, November 13, 2004

Women and men

So today my sister, some friends and I went to see a movie called "Raise Your Voice." Never heard of it? There's a reason. It was not so good. But I don't want to get into that (I'd hate to get in trouble or somethin'). My real reason for this blog is to ponder on a girl thing we mostly all do. Ogle famous male actors. The sole purpose in going to see this movie was to drool over/look at Oliver James, a terrific up-and-coming actor who also sings wonderfully. Okay, we knew the movie would suck. However, the lure of a good looking guy was too strong. Isn't that ridiculous? A dollar spent and an hour wasted on looking at someone we will NEVER MEET. Ever. So many women grouse at length (ad nauseum really) about how men objectify women. Oh, they just look at a girl's body and not her mind or personality or whatever. I suppose there is some truth to that. But guess what? Five girls just went to a movie to do the exact same thing! Who cares what he's really like, he's sexy. It's a shame that we live in this kind of society. But I guess that any kind of society has it's beauty standard which everyone is measured against. So to all those women out there who do this kind of thing (that would be all of you), I say shame on us! We can never grumble and growl about MEN again as long as we continue this type of behavior. But do you know, he really was dang hot!

No comments: