Friday, June 13, 2008

Venting

So last night I was talking to a friend of mine who just needed to vent about the evils she suffers from in her life. After a bit she stopped and asked if it was wrong to vent about her husband/children/job, or if she shouldn't just keep it all inside, and that led to the serious thinking that this post is a result of. I thought up a clever little analogy involving oysters and humans. I know, it's far from perfect but it still works in my mind and this is my blog SO THERE.

If you take a piece of grit and put it inside an oyster, the oyster will turn it and coat it and make it into a beautiful pearl. If, on the other hand, you take that same grit and stick it under the skin of a human it will fester and get really gross and icky. I think that sometimes our inner problems are the same. Occasionally the universe throws us problems that we can internalize, work out for ourselves, and make into pearls. But quite a lot of the time our problems can fester inside and become more serious than if we had just let them out. Anytime you need someone to talk to, I'm here for ya *wink*.

What I guess I'm trying to say is that I'm always glad to listen to issues. I'd rather they get out in the open so they can heal than sit under the surface and seethe into a deeper more serious problem.

No comments: