Saturday, March 14, 2009

Celebrity look-a-likes

Okay, so usually when you hear the phrase "celebrity look-a-like" you think of people like these folks who look just enough like someone famous that they never have to work at a real job again, and can spend their time feeling somehow special and *almost* famous.

(these are actual impersonaters, by the way - not bad!)



But this post isn't about those people. No, instead this post is more about the celebrities whose look-a-likes are a little... different. I'm talking the celebrities that look like animals, cartoons, etc. And here they are!


Part of me knows that Brad Pitt is the sexiest man alive, or whatever, but the other part of me has always kind of thought that he just looks like... well, a gazelle. No matter how many movies I see him in, I just can't shake that image, and now I'll share it with you.

Likewise with Kristen Kreuk (Smallville starlett, for those of you who aren't Tom Welling fangirls) who I've always ALWAYS thought looked more like a chipmunk than an exotic beauty.

Last in the list of animal/human hybrids is Steve Buscemi, who has a strong resemblance to a turtle, as my brother David pointed out.



Then there are the cartoon folks. We start with Willem Dafoe (a man who is on my most feared list, even if I did forget to include him in the post about the same topic). To me, Mr. Dafoe looks an awful lot like the one of Eternia's worst enemies, Skeletor. I defy you to argue with that!

Also, what is Skeletor *doing* with his hand in this picture I found of him??
On perusing some of my favorite childhood TV shows lately it does seem like strange things were going on that I didn't even notice and now I'm forced to question the sexual orientation of everyone in Eternia. Alas for the innocence of youth!



Anyway, this guy isn't so famous now and I don't even know his name, but if Skeletor/Dafoe are being mentioned, than He-Man and the star of The Worst Music Video Ever (it is SO GOOD) must also have notice.


The next grouping is of women who need to eat a little to look more human; starting with a picture that, I confess, I found quite by accident while looking for pictures for this post. But it's awesome and while I never noticed it before, I doubt I'll ever look at Amy Winehouse the same way again.


Then there's Hilary Duff. At one point she was a very cute girl, but lately when I see her she looks more like a skeleton.



If you don't see it in the side-by-side, how about now?

Yeah, I thought so.

Then, last but definitely not least, is the guy who started this for me. He doesn't need to eat, but maybe he should fix his hair because every time I hear a song by The Fray, one thought consumes my mind: that the lead singer looks exactly like a Cupie Doll. I hope that by posting this I can finally lay that image to rest.




So, next time you're at the movies or listening to the radio, I hope you'll think of these guys and the images that always spring to my mind. Remember, you don't have to be human, or even real, to impersonate a celebrity!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Too funny! Love the Defoe/Skeletor comparison.

bjohnston said...

I've often reflected that Amy Winehouse looks creepy, but now I understand the full extent of the creepiness, wow!

Sarah F said...

Kevin Bacon will always be Skeletor to me.

Also once I was told I looked like a celebrity: "You know, that guy in the live-action Flintstones movie..." I assume that meant Rick Moranis, not John Goodman. In either case, I didn't feel flattered the way one would expect when being compared to a famous actor.

Lisa Sanderson said...

A crazy lady at work told me that I looked just like Angelina Jolie. Which I totally believed because I'm five nine, weigh a hundred pounds, with dark brown hair, big green eyes, and surgically enhanced lips...Or maybe not. She later mistook me for the devil so her judgment may be questionable. Either way I will no longer look at Brad Pitt the same way again.

POOTIE POOTWELL said...

It always bugged me, the Fray's hair...now I know why - repressed memories of the scary toys at Granny's house!

akiresahotome said...

jajajaajajajaj