Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Childhood fears - still FREAKIN' SCARY

Okay, these are the things that scared me during my childhood. After some recent reflection, I think you'll all have to agree that these things are really horrifying for adults as well, and that I was wise beyond my years.

The dog-beasts from "Ghostbusters".


Also, the librarian ghost from "Ghostbusters".


These HORRIFYING goblin things from "The Hobbit" (they sing! And swirl around in trippy and bizarre fashions!).


The Jabberwocky from "Alice in Wonderland" (live action).
image could not be found, instead click here for terrifying video footage - but fast forward to minute 3 because the rest is hecka boring

Carol Channing.


The illustrations from the Scary Stories books.


Any iteration of Tim Curry.



The Skekis from "The Dark Crystal". Maybe just "The Dark Crystal" in general, and we'll throw in "The Labyrinth" for good measure.




Of course, since then I've added a few new phobias. I guess I should really just find a small cabin in the middle of nowhere and hide, because this world is just too crazy frightening for me.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Holy crap! I forgot about the Gremlins monsters.

Janell said...

Okay, I didn't scroll all the way down at first because I got sidetracked at Youtube looking at the Jabberwocky and I thought about how Dark Crystal scared the crap out of me as a kid and still does. That whole movie is made up of scary therapy inducing puppets. Good Call.

Jactionary said...

I thought it was hilarious how you just slipped Carol Channing in there.

Rachel said...

HAHA, CAROL CHANNING!

susan said...

Laugh about Carol Channing all you want, but you know I'm right.

Sarah F said...

"Raspberries!"