Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Ode to Idaho

Today I was introduced to a poem that completely captures my feelings about these brief months I have spent in the frozen... well I was looking for an appendage to describe Idaho with (ie. armpit, booty), but what appendage gets frozen? Toes? The tip of your nose? Anyway, this poem will invite you into the heart of an Idahoan winter and allow you to verbally experience what the rest of us poor suckers are experiencing in the frozen tippy-toes of the world, even though it's APRIL.



Winter Poem

It's winter in Idaho
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Idaho,
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Idaho
I'm frozen to the ground!


4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You could replace Idaho with Utah at this point. :(

Janell said...

I love the rhyme involving butt and shut. Oh by the way its in the 70s here right now.

susan said...

Oh, way to brag. For a brief glorious day it was in the 70s here too, but it's been snowing pretty non-stop since then. Sigh.

bjohnston said...

Bring on the seasonal depression--in the spring, yuck!