Wednesday, November 04, 2009

To Rachel on her birthday

NOTE: I find rhyming to be much harder than smarty pants like Robert Frost or Rudyard Kipling would have you believe, so the last line of each stanza might not be quite in sync. Please feel free to direct all complaints to my agent, Mr. Zipit.




Rachel's a really great gal.
One could say, "More than a pal!"
She's tidy and neat,
And has really small feet,
But that's not the point of this poem.




Rachel is really quite smart,
And has a generous heart.
She's quick to lend cash
Or scratch your gross rash
Because, well she's just that nice.



Rachel is gorgeous as well.
Her face is très très belle!
She's got beautiful eyes,
And enviable thighs,
And the most impeccable style.




Rachel's my best oldest sister.
I love her more than a blister.
I hope this day rocks
And you get more than socks
Because you, my dear, are priceless.

2 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

Dear Mr. Zipit,
I want you to know that in publishing my cousin's poem on her blog, you have done the world a great disfavor. I wish you'd published it in the Times, The New Yorker, The Post, People and whatever other hotshot magazine/newspapers there are. :) Happy Birthday Rachel.

Sarah F said...

You have illuminated Rachel's greatness gracefully. I especially liked the "enviable thighs" line.