Friday, March 05, 2010

Blog envy

Okay, so not only do I frequently suffer from deep insecurities about not being funny at all when I read other people's blogs (why are you pity laughing??), but now I'm finding all these blogs that have existed far less time than mine has and they all have book deals! How do I get on that money train?

Granted, they are all VERY hilarious and they all cover topics a little more broad than mine, but surely the world needs to know of my zany adventures? Also, I don't swear NEARLY as much as these other guys do, so I'm safe for kids! Okay, maybe the world doesn't care, but I wants me some money. So, if anyone out there is reading this that has an in with a publisher, get me a book deal and I'll make it worth your while. I give a mean head scratch!

(here are a few blogs who know the right people and crack me up. warning! some of the posts are not suitable for all audiences - view at your own risk! for more blog-to-book stories, read here)

passive agressive notes (a site that locates and posts the silly notes we leave when angry)

stuff white people like
(a site that makes me laugh and feel bad about myself at the same time)

regretsy (a site that mocks the crazy things sold in etsy shops. employs occasional foul language and also displays some pictures with nudity)

f u penguin (a site that tries unsuccessfully to mock adorable animals. also, sadly, uses the F word a lot - hence, the title)


3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Susan, I am so excited you are coming to my lunch! It will be great to meet you!

bjohnston said...

Are these publishing with a vanity press? Otherwise, who will read them? Perhaps twelve year old boys trapped in an adults body.

Lisa Sanderson said...

If I was a book publisher I'd be making you an offer right now. I'd also be giving myself a substantial raise and bonus.