Monday, March 22, 2010

Bonsai failure

You may remember that I was attempting at one point to grow a bonsai tree so that I can be fAsian (fake Asian), 'cause all the cool people are doing it. If all had gone as planned, I would have two adorable little trees right now that look something like this:



Instead, I have something that looks like this:

(wah wah wah waaaaah)


Not pictured is any sort of growth. Where did I go wrong? I can't tell if this is fate attempting to kindly remind me that I'm not a cool old Japanese man like Mister Miyagi, or if I just didn't follow the instructions properly. Whatever the reason, I figure that after carefully watering lumps of peat moss for two months with no sign of life, it's time to give up. So, I have three tiny seeds left for me to prove that I am one with friggin' nature, gosh darnit.

Cross your fingers, say a prayer to Demeter for me, and wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm pretty sure this happened because I just looked at the pictures. I have that effect on plants.

It was good to finally meet you, Susan! I'm really sorry I didn't get to talk to you more. Next time!

Garrett B said...

I thought it took nearly 100 years before the Bonsai seed would even sprout. Patience, young Susan.