Monday, October 06, 2008

Book selection of the week

I'm going to try a new thing where I'll take quotes that I really like from whatever book I'm reading and post them here. This week's is from Pride and Prejudice, which I re-read a week ago actually, and it says pretty much all that I've observed about which marriages make it and which don't. It also covers why I'd be okay with an arranged marriage, hee hee.
Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I've never read the book, but I love the movie. Both versions. How could you not love Mr. Darcy?