Friday, May 29, 2009

Future bald woman?

It's come to my notice recently that I have an obsession with wigs and head-dresses. I'm not sure if this is an indication that some day I will be bald, or what. Fortunately, even though I can't resist buying them, I don't seem to actually spend a lot of time wearing them. I submit for your judgement the fruits of my compulsive purchases (and I do mean compulsive, not impulsive) -


Going counterclockwise:
~Hannah Montana wig -- purchased for Katie Kearl's 16th bday, and quickly destroyed by a carelessly used slinky. Remember, only *you* can prevent slinky accidents!
~Random Halloween wig -- purchased when I was a witch for a party and then forced onto Matthew Kearl's head for my own amusement along with red lipstick
~Cleopatra head-dress -- actually not purchased by me, but rather *for* me
~Dazzling tiara -- also purchased for Katie's sweet 16 and not-so-subtly coveted by me (spaaarkly!)
~Middle-eastern head-dress? I don't remember where that came from, but I look pretty good (and don't ask me why I always purse my lips - it's a mystery)
~Orange wig -- purchased as a potential Halloween wig but co-opted by David Kearl's friends, and frankly enjoyed by them waaaaay too much
~Green wig -- purchased because it was too cute and made even cuter by Rachel Kearl for some sort of costumed race

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Well, you look gorgeous in all of them!

Haven't heard from you in a while! If I wear a wig in my Snuggie, would that help? Come enter my amazing giveaway!

Lisa Sanderson said...

My son also likes to wear artificial hair. In his case a beard. Of course his beard consists of pajamas tightly clenched in his teeth dangling Merlin style to his waist...
-Lisa

POOTIE POOTWELL said...

Ummm - Middle Eastern Headdress?? You didn't even purchase that!! That was a compulsive purchase in India by Rachel and I - and a gift to Dad, I might add.

I am officially insulted that he cast it off...