Tuesday, December 16, 2008

For those who are about to die, we salute you!

This is a tribute to all my showzz that are getting the boot this year. It may seem like a silly post, but I'm a TV junky and I love these shows like they were family. The main problem is that either I have horrible taste or the media does. I'm pretty sure it's the media.

Pushing Daisies
- Why, gods of television, WHY?? I blame everything for the demise of this beautiful show (both literally beautiful and hyperbolically beautiful): ABC for turning out to be as moronic as Fox*, the public for not watching this show more and keeping ratings up, Neilsen for being a crappy ratings system anyway, and the weather because that's SOP when blame is involved. I mean, could *you* cancel this?And what, you ask, is replacing it? Lost reruns! Hooray. My mortal enemy, Lost, who has strung me along like that guy that you should dump but you just can't because maybe someday it will actually go somewhere. Whatever, I hate everything.

Eli Stone (probably, it seems) - Finally a show that is intelligent and humorous and stars Johnny Lee Miller *AND* it has singing and dancing. Of course it gets canceled. Once again, I blame ABC for sucking and not realizing a good thing when it's got one. The replacement - Primetime: What Would You Do? I'll tell you what I'd do, I'd kill Diane Sawyer and her stupid show for booting Johnny Lee Miller out of my weekly life. I LOVE YOU JLM!

Lipstick Jungle
- Okay, so I don't really care so much about this show, it's just another thorn to prick at me and make me mad. The thing is, I liked Cashmere Mafia so much better, but the public picked this show as the winner in the contest of shows about beautiful power women, and now it's getting canceled too! Stupid public.

There were quite a few other fledgling shows that didn't make it from the nest, but I won't bother listing them. I'd rather also pay tribute to my other TV peeps that were killed by the writers' strike last year: Moonlight (sexy vampire detective? How could it fail??), Journeyman (time travel, hot Scottish guy from Made of Honor... again, how?), Miss Guided (just so cute), and Bionic Woman (she was supposed to be unstoppable!).

I lay a single rose at your headstones.


*Fox, the notorious stupid-heads who canceled Firefly, Arrested Development, and Futurama which then had to be made into movies to appease angry fans. Can they ever be forgiven for this? I think not.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

The only one I watch is Lipstick Jungle, which I kind of like. I'm sad about it.

Janell said...

Pushing Daisies rules! Steve won't ever be the same. (It's his fav).