Thursday, December 25, 2008

Yo yo yo, and a ho ho ho: Merry Christmas dawgzz!

So last night after a long long day at the job site (Walmart - what better way to destroy the spirit of Christmas than to be forced to serve impatient, obnoxious, and angry procrastinators on Christmas Eve) I met up with my sisters and we headed to the ol' homestead. Or rather we would have if I hadn't seriously underestimated the amount of luggage two world travelers would need for a mere week's visit home. These girls have gone everywhere and all over, I had assumed that they would have two *maybe* three suitcases tops because surely they'd be expert packers by now. More fool I! But thanks to my sister Anna's mad tetris-like skills, we rearranged and repacked the car and started out just a bit later than planned.

I decided I was too tired to drive (again, Walmart - thanks for killing my spirit and draining my life forces from me on a daily basis), so I let Anna take the wheel. I'd say the combined driving skills in the family are pretty average, but there are a few members who tend to weave slightly (and by "slightly" I mean they weave like a snake crossing the hot desert sands) and who also hallucinate strange things when driving at night. Anna may or may not be one of those people, I'll never tell. But I will say that the two passangers did say a little prayer about halfway through when the driver got a bit sleepy at the same time the weather took a turn for the worse (it felt like any minute we would be whisked up into the air and off to Oz where we would run over Dorothy and the gang with my crap car).

Finally we made it home and after a delightful Christmas Eve and a morning filled with presents, laughter, and dropping the dog in the snow drifts outside and laughing hysterically while she tried to climb back out again, all I can say is Merry Christmas to all!! Loves :)

1 comment:

Judy said...

i was all alone this christmas and it was weird. all i could think about was that year my family came to your house. we watched the first mission impossible and went to see, i think it was romeo and juliet in the theater. also the year granny was in the hospital down there. can't believe it's been so long! love you, suze!