Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weather: Pros and Cons

At last the treacherous and beautiful snow stopped falling. Only to be replaced by the kind of fog that you would only expect to find if you were about to stumble across a magically hidden Scottish village that only appears every 200 years, or when Gene Kelly needs something to sing and dance about. Just when I thought it was safe to drive on the highway....

That's right, now the fog is trying to kill me. It's hard enough to make myself go to work without the forces of nature combining against me! I know, it sounds paranoid to think the weather is trying to get me. And yet, what else is a person to think when out of nowhere a fog like pea soup descends to cover only I-15 (as soon as I exit there's no sign of mist), and then it's only that stretch between my place of employ and my place of residence? To make it worse, the other drivers keep zooming around me at ridiculous speeds as though they can magically see through this fog and are not hindered one jot.

So either I have unique cataracts that only affect me when driving on the highway at night, or the weather is conspiring against me. I guess we'll find out next week if tornadoes start appearing over the Springville/Provo exits of I-15.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

We didn't get any fog north of Point of the Mountain. Yay!

bjohnston said...

If you find any magical cities in that fog, it's not Brigadoon, just Spanish Fork. However, you can probably locate weird clothing and dancing there too.

susan said...

Well the weird clothing and dancing is all anyone could really ask. That and maybe a lonely shepherd boy.