Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More happy funtime links!

These is my webcomics that I follow as faithfully as I can.

Thinkin' Lincoln - this stars the disembodied heads of such famous people as Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Queen Elizabeth II, and Darwin. Lincoln is pretty random and crazy and the others try to reason with him in his silliness. Except GW, cause he's a butt (not literally).

Terror Island - this stars game pieces from various games such as chess, Monopoly, Tiddlywinks, etc. It's about two roommates who have run out of groceries and go to extreme lengths to try and get the other one to shop for more. SO FUNNY.

FOMS - this seems to be about two rocks. I haven't gotten very far, but it was created by one of the authors of Terror Island and has his same zany humor.

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - these are all random single frame comics that are 89% hilarious (today's might be a little blasphemous).

I think my brother David should be an online comic writer. He created a pretty sweet series for Facebook that was one part laugh-out-loud awesomeness, one part randomness, and one part existential. Okay, I don't really know what existential means, but I loved the comic. I wish you could all see it, but I can't find the album anymore on the FB so you can't. Oh well.

My one complaint with all these awesome timewasters - I mean comic strips - is that the authors (who are all ever so modest) keep posting links to *more* funny strips. Some of these guys have been writing since 2003! It's making me want to create a time device to send a message to myself 10 years ago that lists all the comic strips to look out for. I guess that's how things get invented though, right? What do you want to bet Edison only invented the light bulb because he was really clumsy and kept knocking his candles over?

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

You know, I am not a comics reader, at all. I used to read the Sunday comics when I was younger, but it's been years and years.